Monday, November 30, 2009

Hungry Tigers Unleashed...

I submit that it's not what you do, but what you think that counts. Scary prospect I know...considering what we think at times, but it might be a more honest road. A road fraught with fear, pain, animal urges, as well as hope, love, and a need to be loved...what we really are, not what we want to be.


I think that to deny existence of our most inner terrible, demented, fucked-up thoughts is a poison. We poison ourselves everyday. If we can acknowledge to ourselves that these thoughts, no matter how embarrassing they are, we have a real chance of confronting them. A real chance for introspection and maybe a resolve. To finally let go some of these mental tigers, let them run free and take their place in the nature of ourselves. There, they might die, or make new cubs. In any case...an answer.


To know oneself is to acknowledge every dark thought and as well as our shiny-sparkly-bright ones. I say let it begin! Maybe we'll find out we are not the person we thought we were, maybe we'll find out we're exactly the person we thought we were, more surely a little of both...and that's okay. The sooner we get real with ourselves, the sooner we can fix, heal, and embrace within.


I don't know about you, but my tigers are foaming-frenzy-famished-tigers. Only time will tell if I shoot them or let them live..."Born free! As free as the wind blows! As free as the grass grows! Born free to follow your heart!"



2 comments:

  1. I don't know... I'm pretty real with myself, but it hasn't helped me to fix myself much. It just makes me feel like the parts of me that are broken are beyond repair. I'm with you on the rest of it, though. I don't deny my own thoughts. And I rarely filter them when I share them with people. I probably SHOULD, though! But really, most of the time I'm just saying things that everyone else thinks, but is afraid to say. So if I have to say it in order for THEM to deal with their own thoughts a little more, I'll take that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. any new cubs lately?

    ReplyDelete