Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In the Name of the Father...

Being in a family that split up when I was young. I was bounced back and forth between parents, I watched a lot of television so my parental figures sometimes sadly or happily were old movie characters. My list of fathers were of course my real one, then Gary Cooper, Spencer Tracy, Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne, and Robert Mitchum. Robert Mitchum?! Yes! I know he played a lot of dark characters, or at least one's of low moral fiber, but damn I loved it! He's my favorite movie dad. What does this say about me? Hell....I don't know....and I don't care. Hmmm...sounds like something dad would say. *laughing*

Here are some of my motto's I live by from my movie fathers:

Gary Cooper: "Looked like she was a cold dish with a man until you got her pants down, then she'd explode."

Spencer Tracy: "It is up to us to give ourselves recognition. If we wait for it to come from others, we feel resentful when it doesn't, and when it does, we may well reject it."

Humphrey Bogart: "A hot dog at the game beats roast beef at the Ritz." "I was born when you kissed me. I died when you left me. I lived a few weeks while you loved me." "The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."

John Wayne: "Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." "If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow." "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Robert Mitchum: "Every two or three years I knock off for a while. That way I'm constantly the new girl in the whorehouse." "People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in." "There just isn't any pleasing some people. The trick is to stop trying." "There are all kinds of rumors about. And they're all true. You can make some up if you want."


Happy late Father's Day Pops!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete