Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Cup O' Tom Jones...

It's friggin' freezing in this old house! 49 degrees Fahrenheit! That's 9.4 Celsius for the rest of the world. So...first thing this morning...blazing hot tea...Welsh Tea...which my Northern U.K. friend constantly reminds me doesn't exist. Well it does dammit! I can send pictures! Since it's called Welsh tea and many awesome Welshman have made their way in the world, I have christened it "A Cup O' Tom Jones". Yea...yea...yea...I know the reference. I'm not homophobic. I am so far away from that end of the spectrum I'm not at the least bit worried of myself crossing over to the other side and becoming a double agent.


Besides...Tom Jones kicks ass! My first song of memory is CCR's "Proud Mary". They're my favorite band...they put me in my happy place. The second song of memory was John Denver's "Sunshine On My Shoulders", the third was "Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head" by B.J. Thomas...but the fourth was "What's New Pussycat?" by Tom Jones. Hmmmm...listing those songs like that...it's kinda scary. "Get Back" from the Beatles "Let It Be" album was next...


I feel like I'm undressing in front of everyone. Ummmm...I'm gonna stop. Oh...but that's what I do. I undress in front of people...er...so to speak. Everyone love's an accident...a car on flames...flashing lights...blood...sugar, salt and fat.


Where was I? Oh yea...Tom Jones! He kicks ass! Some people think he's cheesy, but they're missing the point. They're missing the fun! He's fun like a barrel full of vaginas...ummm...that are still living...they aren't pickled or anything. *laughing* Too much caffeine? TOO MUCH CAFFEIND?!!! Could be! It's not me, it's the Cup O' Tom Jones!


Damn...I gotta jet. I gotta fly. Gonna meet Poltzy for...coffee! Damn your eyes! Too Late.

1 comment:

  1. Tom Jones committed one of the world's worst musical offenses ever when he butchered Prince's "Kiss". I have wanted to punch him in the face ever since.

    ReplyDelete