Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pruriently Lascivious...

Pruriently Lascivious...well those two words aren't being used in today's texting world...though many are indulging in those behaviors with bold and brash sexty-texties. Words are falling by the wayside like our animals are, never to be seen again and only mentioned in museums, dictionaries and old movies, "What did Barbara Stanwyck say?" Your spell-check won't even know what you're talking about! How scary! Ooooh....how could you tell your lover of your prurient behavior in the work bathroom if you couldn't really trust your spelling of the word without spell check to save the day? Spell-check is the "falsies" of the 21st Century. Damn it! I thought there was really something in there! Nope...nothing...just emoticons.

Barbara Stanwyck...Phyllis Dietrichson...Double Indemnity...Billy Wilder...oooohh. Now that was a good movie! Sorry...but stream of consciousness blogs will do this. They jump train tracks...JUMP!!!!

Phyllis: Mr. Neff, why don't you drop by tomorrow evening about eight-thirty. He'll be in then. 
Walter: Who? 
Phyllis: My husband. You were anxious to talk to him weren't you? 
Walter: Yeah, I was, but I'm sort of getting over the idea, if you know what I mean. 
Phyllis: There's a speed limit in this state, Mr. Neff. Forty-five miles an hour. 
Walter: How fast was I going, officer? 
Phyllis: I'd say around ninety. 
Walter: Suppose you get down off your motorcycle and give me a ticket. 
Phyllis: Suppose I let you off with a warning this time. 
Walter: Suppose it doesn't take. 
Phyllis: Suppose I have to whack you over the knuckles. 
Walter: Suppose I bust out crying and put my head on your shoulder. 
Phyllis: Suppose you try putting it on my husband's shoulder. 
Walter: That tears it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment