Thursday, May 21, 2009

Zombies, cannibals and man-eating animals...

"Zombies, cannibals and man-eating animals all wanna get into my brain"... Those words are echoing in my head. I was a bad boy and instead of rehearsing this song and others for band practice tonight, I recorded a new song yesterday sans lyrics. I still have to write those suckers. So, just like school when I was a young whipper-snapper, I'll cram for the test and get an A. Procrastination is a killer for me. I've always done it and I still do it. Don't get me wrong, I work my ass off, it's just when something gets put in the procrastination file, it will not get taken out until the last possible friggin' minute! Nothing will stop it from stopping! *laughing*

"Sans"...did I just use that word? It's hip these days to use sans, but it kinda has that highfalutin air about it. Which normally I do not like, because many people use language to separate rather than connect with others. I friggin' hate that. I mean what is language for? To connect! My admission of using this word doesn't condemn me to the separatists, but rather that when I cannibalize this blog for Facebook and Twitter (I know...Facebook and Twitter...not a real blog...more like a bla.), the fewer characters used the better. Hence, sans instead of the more obvious "without". Now...you could go the other way and dumb down language to a high school text message "r u rdy t go?" Ugh...texting, while I'm the biggest whore there is in the land of textual encounters, I have to use punctuation and proper spelling. There are my limits to convenience! I side with the bell curve on this one. Nature's middle finger for extremism. Because in the end ALL things statistically end right where I want to be...right in the middle of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment