Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Silence and the Wave...

Silence. Nothing can give me such polar emotions than silence. Silence will bring you relief and instill worry. "Aahhh..." Exhaling and releasing the remains of the day, only to be left in wonderment of "Why so silent? Is there a reason or a force at work that is creating this silence, and in fact...something wicked this way comes?"

Is silence simply a mirror of my insecurities? Some days nothing but a pure and wonderful emptiness, and other days a universe-size wave builds up to a crest and breaks upon my head, leaving me dumbstruck and paralyzed for days.

The chariots don't seem to swing low enough to carry me away, and my mountaintops aren't high enough for me to reach the threshold of the next. Even the Universe has a sound. Is there anything more unnatural than silence? Hence the pleasurable foreboding it invokes in me. In silence I turn inward. Looking at myself, I am mostly happy, and what is left might be the hope of what could be. Regret is just a compass point to navigate away from to find your true path. You need it to know where you don't want to go again...


No comments:

Post a Comment